EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 30
PROVIDING FOR A REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL IN THE
CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 14, Article X of the constitution, the President shall provide for regional development councils or other similar bodies composed of local government officials, regional heads of departments and other government offices, and representatives from non-governmental organizations within the regions for purposes of administrative decentralization to strengthen the autonomy of the units therein and to accelerate the economic and social growth and development of the units in the region;
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 325 dated April 12, 1996 , as amended by Executive Order No. 384 dated December 7, 1996 and Executive Order No. 437 dated September 15, 1997, provides for the reorganization of the Regional Development Councils;
WHEREAS, there is a need for the immediate constitution of a Regional Development Council in the Cordillera Administrative Region. NOW, THEREFORE, I, GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the constitution and by law, do hereby order:
SECTION 1. Creation of the Cordillera Regional Development Council. – There is hereby created a Cordillera Regional Development Council (“Council”) which shall be the primary institution for setting the direction of economic and social development in the Cordillera Administrative Region and through which regional development efforts shall be coordinated.
a. Regular Members. – The following shall be the regular members of the Council:
- All provincial governors;
- All city mayors;
- Mayors of municipalities designated as provincial capitals;
- All presidents of the provincial league of mayors;
- The mayor of the municipality designated as the regional center;
- The regional directors of agencies represented in the National Economic & Development Authority Board (NEDA, DAR, DA, DBM, DENR, DOF, DFA, DOH, DILG, DOLE, DPWH, DOST, DTI, DOTC, BSP) and the regional directors of DECS, DSWD, and DOT; provided that each agency shall be represented by only one regional director;
- A representative of National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and
- Private sector representatives (PSRs), at least one of whom shall be a representative of the labor sector, who shall comprise one-fourth of the members of the fully-constituted Council.
b.Special Members. – The Council, subject to the concurrence of majority of its regular members, may designate special non-voting members of the Council.
SECTION 3. Applicability of Executive Order No. 325 dated April 12, 1996 & its Implementing Guidelines. – The provisions of Executive Order No. 325 dated April 12, 1996, as amended by Executive Order No. 384 dated September 7, 1996 & Executive Order No. 437 dated September 15, 1997 on “Selection of PSRs”, “Functions of the RDC”, “RDC Officials”, “Affiliate Committees”, “Meetings”, “Appointment of Chairman / Co-Chairman”, “Functional Powers and Responsibilities of the Chairman / Co-chairman”, “RDC Secretariat”, “Term of Office,” and “Funding” & their implementing guidelines shall be applicable to the Council.
SECTION 4. Implementation. – The National Economic and Development Authority is hereby directed to take the necessary steps for the effective implementation of this Executive Order.
SECTION 5. Repealing Clause. – Section 16 of Executive Order No. 325 dated April 12, 1996, as amended, is hereby modified accordingly. All other orders, rules, regulations and issuances or parts thereof which are inconsistent with this Executive Order, are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.